Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hope



I've been thinking about what hope is and watching Netflix videos about the holocaust for the past few weeks. The documentaries are well done, educational and interesting, but to show these in a classroom the instructor might have to provide counseling of some sort along with the films. The interviews with survivors and actual 1940's footage are priceless as a method of instantly conveying that this really happened, to real people, people just like us. But before continuing this education by documentary I'm going to have to figure out how hope fits in, rather than hopelessness, which is what I'm thinking of after watching these documentaries. here's my favorite Tracy song about hope, Let it Rain.

And here's the song that always makes me laugh, sing it real loud while you're doing the dishes and see if it doesn't make you smile:



No more genocide studies for a while for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment