Friday, March 22, 2013

Adventist Hospital i

I am currently in an Adventist Hospital in Caliifornia; been here for about 3 weeks now. The lymphedema went wildly out of control back on November after I contracted a bronchial infection from a room mate. My chest had filled with fluid and a plural effusion occurred .. My left lung completely collapsed. I had the collapsed lung for about 2 months until I finally went to the ER in Eureka, which I wrote about in a previous post. 

In Eureka I got sicker by the day until a long time friend (43 years) came up to get me and literally carried me, with the help of a walker and other strong physical assistance, into her house after a 500 mile drive; then a week later, to the local Adventist Emergency room ... Where it was discovered that I had been living with a completely collapsed lung for about 2 months. 

The lymph fluid was drained off with a tube through the chest; about 10 pounds the first day. I was relieved to get that fluid out.  But in truth I don't feel any better about western medicine. 

I have been here for about 3 weeks now and am, for the most part, very poorly treated. I don't know if its because I don't have private insurance or because I am forthright about preferring alternative treatment. My stay here has been subdtantially miserable and there have been a number of occasions that were outright life threatening. Such as the double dose of morphine I was given one evening along with 5 other "pain killing" narcotics within a six hour period. (I will post a list of those later.) After I caught the "mistake" and made an "unofficial" complaint, many of the nursing staff decided I needed to be treated evrn worse Since then, lids had been pretty tough here. I'm praying hoping praying again that I get out of here ASAP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment